What should I do if the vacuum pump fails to start?
In the process of using the vacuum pump, whether it is a domestic vacuum pump or an imported vacuum pump, regardless of the quality, after a long time of work, if the maintenance is not performed in time and correctly, more or less failures will always occur. If the vacuum pump cannot be started normally due to long-term non-use or failure, a detailed analysis of the specific problem is required. The article mainly explains the reasons and troubleshooting methods of the vacuum pump cannot be started or cannot be started due to a fault. 1. The reasons for this failure due to the vacuum pump being unable to start are as follows: (1) The drive motor voltage is incorrect or overloaded. (2) Motor starter overload protection is too small or the set value is too low (3) The fuse is blown. (4) If the vacuum pump is equipped with an AC motor: the capacitor of the motor is damaged. (5) Check the use of vacuum pump oil. The vacuum pump returns oil, the oil temperature is too low, and the oil has deteriorated. Fill the vacuum pump cavity with vacuum pump oil. Observe whether the oil has emulsified (white foam) or carbonized (blackened). The deterioration of the vacuum pump oil will affect the friction between the rotating blades and the rotor, and cause the blades to get stuck in the pump cavity. (6) The vacuum pump or motor is stuck. (7) The oil pump is worn out or foreign matter accumulates. (8) The suction pipe is blocked. 2. The vacuum pump cannot be started and the maintenance solutions are as follows: (1) Provide the correct voltage for the motor. (2) Compare the setting data of the motor starter overload protection with the data on the motor nameplate, and correct it if necessary. If the ambient temperature is high: the set value can be increased by 5% based on the normal motor current. (3) Check the fuse. (4) Repair or replace the motor. (Professional technicians are required to operate) (5) Replace the vacuum pump oil, disassemble the vacuum pump, and repair the cylinder block and other parts. If the blades are severely damaged, the vacuum pump blades need to be replaced. (6) Make sure that the motor is turned off, and then disconnect the fan cover. Rotate the motor and vacuum pump by hand. If the hand plate does not move, please remove the motor from the pump and check the vacuum pump and motor separately. If the vacuum pump is stuck, it needs to be repaired (repair and inspection by professional technicians). (7) Replace the worn parts of the oil pump, clean the foreign matter inside and outside the vacuum pump, and repair the pump (maintenance and inspection by professional technicians are required). (8) Remove the suction pipe, operate the pump alone, touch the air inlet and outlet with your hands to see if the pump can work normally. If the pump cannot pump air at this time, it means there is a problem with the pump itself. If the vacuum pump fails to start normally, find the cause or location of the fault. The inner cavity of the pump should also be disassembled in time for cleaning and inspection to prevent secondary damage to the pump outlet. If you don't know much about the inside of the vacuum pump, you need to find a professional vacuum pump maintenance manufacturer to perform professional vacuum pump maintenance.
- The fault diagnosis of the rotary vane vacuum pump and the maintenance of the vacuum pump 12-24
- Analysis of Damage Factors of Dry Screw Vacuum Pump 12-24
- Some maintenance tips for vacuum pumps 12-24
Some maintenance tips for vacuum pumps
How much do you know about the maintenance of vacuum pumps? Now I will reveal some maintenance tips for vacuum pumps:
1. Check the oil level frequently, and adjust it to meet the requirements if it does not meet the requirements. When the vacuum pump is running, the oil level is at the center of the oil standard.
2. The oil change period is determined by the user's discretion in consideration of actual conditions of use and whether it can meet performance requirements. Generally, when a new vacuum pump is pumping clean and dry gas, it is recommended to change the oil once every 100 hours of work. After no ferrous metal powder can be seen in the oil, the oil change period can be extended appropriately in the future.
3. Frequently check the oil quality. If the oil is found to be deteriorated, it should be replaced with new oil in time to ensure that the vacuum pump is working properly.
4. The lubricating oil of the vacuum pump shall be changed after 100 hours during the working month, and the oil shall be changed once every 500 hours thereafter.
5. Under normal circumstances, the vacuum pump should be overhauled after 2000 hours of operation. Check the aging degree of the rubber seals, check whether the exhaust valve plate is cracked, and clean up the dirt deposited on the valve plate and exhaust valve seat. Clean the parts in the entire vacuum pump cavity, such as rotors, rotary vanes, springs, etc. It is generally cleaned with gasoline and dried. After cleaning the rubber parts, wipe them with a dry cloth. When cleaning and assembling, handle with care and be careful of injury.
6. Add bearing lubricating oil to the bearing body, observe that the oil level should be at the center line of the oil mark, and the lubricating oil should be replaced or replenished in time.
7. Check whether there is any looseness in the vacuum pump pipeline and joints. Turn the vacuum pump by hand to see if the vacuum pump is flexible.
8. After reassembly, a test run should be carried out. Generally, it should be run dry for 2 hours and the oil should be changed twice. Because a certain amount of volatile matter will be left in the vacuum pump during cleaning, it should be put into normal work after it runs normally.
9. Turn on the motor. When the vacuum pump is running normally, open the outlet pressure gauge and the inlet vacuum pump. After seeing the proper pressure, open the gate valve gradually, and check the motor load at the same time.
10. Try to control the flow and head of the vacuum pump within the range indicated on the label to ensure that the vacuum pump runs at a high efficiency point to achieve the energy-saving effect.
11. To stop using the vacuum pump, first close the gate valve and pressure gauge, and then stop the motor.
12. During the operation of the vacuum pump, the bearing temperature should not exceed the ambient temperature of 35C, and the high temperature should not exceed 80C.
13. During the working month of the vacuum pump, the lubricating oil shall be changed after 100 hours, and the oil shall be changed once every 500 hours thereafter.
14. Regularly adjust the packing gland to ensure that the leakage in the packing chamber is normal (it is better to leak out as a drip). Regularly check the wear of the shaft sleeve, and replace it in time when the wear is large.
15. If the vacuum pump is out of service for a long time, it is necessary to disassemble the pump completely, wipe off the water, coat the rotating parts and joints with grease and install them, and keep them properly. When the vacuum pump is used in the cold winter season, after stopping, unscrew the water drain plug at the bottom of the pump body to drain the medium. Prevent freezing and cracking.